FxBrokerReviews.org – Due to its advanced features and easy-to-use tools, the MT4 trading platform has become a popular choice for all traders. Launched in 2005 by MetaQuotes Software the trading platform has seen a seamless integration with most forex brokers.
There are several reasons that attribute to the success of the platform. Firstly, it has its own language that allows traders to build algorithms and automate trading. The platform is also known for its advanced charting facilities, with technical indicators that allow trades to get a fair knowledge of the market.
MetaTrader 4 allows traders to trade various financial instruments such as forex, CFDs, futures, indices, commodities, and cryptocurrencies. Also, MetaTrader4 free download can be accessed by all devices.
If you are a trader who wants to take advantage of the best features of the trading platform then you would require a broker. This guide will review the best MT4 broker available and also present a walkthrough of how to get MetaTrader 4 for PC, Mac, and all devices you use!
What is the MT4 trading platform?
The Meta trader 4 is an advanced trading platform, with exclusive tools and trading charts that make trading easy for all kinds of traders. It gives access to market indicators, detailed activity reports, automated strategies, copy trading, and trading robots to make trading easy. Additionally, the platform provides a demo account and a huge content library for inexperienced traders, who want to learn about the market.
What appeals to traders most is the choice of customization, as traders can trade on multiple timeframes and use an array of MT4 indicators, making technical analysis simple. Furthermore, the MT4 trading platform has iron-clad security. It uses 128-bit encryption that provides a safe and secure trading environment for the users.
The Best MT4 Brokers in 2022
Many forex brokers allow traders to use MT4 software. We have listed the best MT4 brokers that facilitate smooth and safe trading for all traders ;
XTB’s Meta Trader 4 consists of more than 80 indicators, around nine timeframes, 3 chart layouts and 37 language options. The platform also supports Expert Advisors which gives traders the option to start automated trading with strategies used by experienced traders.
The platform provides an access to trade from a variety of instruments like Forex, Indices, Commodities, Stock CFD’s, ETF CFD’s and even cryptocurrency. Traders can opt for the web trade platform, mobile app or desktop app.
- It is a fast execution platform
- The platform offers low spreads to traders
- Has a wide offering to trade from
- Convenient to switch between devices
- The platform has a poor customer support
- It charges a fee for account inactivity
TickMill, regulated by the he UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) and the Seychelles Financial Services Authority (FSA), provides a wide range of CFDs, forex pairs, indices and commodities to trade from. The platform is known to have an excellent reputation in terms of its analytical charts and indicators. It allows new traders to open demo accounts with commission free trading.
- It provides competitive spread to all the trades
- The platform is highly secure as it is regulated by multiple authorities
- Charges low trading fees
- Imparts extensive training to the users through a wide range of tutorials and videos.
- Does not offer a mobile platform
- The platform does not allow to trade cryptocurrencies
- Customer support is only operative 5 days a week
Our pick for the best MT4 is AvaTrade. It offers more than 50 FX pairs to trade and is regulated by several leading bodies.
The platform doesnot charge any commissions and have low spreads. AvaTrade is a good option for beginners as it does not charge any deposit fees. It makes trading simple for users to fund their accounts by supporting bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and several e-wallets. The platform supports MT4 trading platform for all devices,expect for Mac. It is a heavily regulated broker and a good consideration for beginners.
- Charges low deposits to start trading
- Does not charge and withdrawal fees
- Provides great tools for market research
- Allows traders to trade from a variety of options
- Charges high inactivity fees
- Takes a lot of time for withdrawal
Skilling stands close to Iron Fx metatrader 4 platfrom. With more than 70 Fx pairs to trade from the platform offers low spreads and commission free trading. Skilling offers full integration with MT4, it allows users to use ‘Expert Advisors’ to automate the trading process. The platform even provides ultra-fast execution speeds and access to all devices.
- It supports micro lot trading
- The platform is heavily regulated by the cyprus laws
- The platform provides excellent customer service
- Considerd as one of the best algorithmic trading platforms
- The cost of spread is higher when compared to other platforms
- Charges a substantial amount of withdrawal fee
The MetaTrader4 download through NAGA, allows users to take advantage of the various advanced features provided by the platform. It provides 30 technical indicators, more than 31 graphing objects, 4 types of pending orders and even allows 3 order execution types. The platform is well known for being multi- asset and has the best copy trading feature.
It is regulated by the Cyprus laws and is a safe platform to place trades. NAGA also, has a huge library for new traders to educate themselves about the market.
- All traders are provided with a personal account manager
- Has a huge variety to trade from
- Has the best copy and social trading facility
- Provides good educational resources
- Charges high withdrawal fees
- Can be a little expensive for new traders
6. CMC Markets
CMC Markets comes with a massive selection of nearly 10,000 tradeable instruments. With a terrific user experience, the trading platform is for all kinds of users.
The platform is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and is regulated under FCA. Apart from that it also offers asset protection through the FSCS, up to £85,000.the only drawback is that the platform charges an additional fee for guaranteed stops charges, commissions and account Inactivity fees.
- Provides 24/5 telephone support.
- Offers negative balance protection to all clients.
- The platform does not have a minimum deposit requirement for a live account.
- Emphasizes educating the clients about the market.
- The platform does not accept clients from the US.
- The CMS trading platform does not have a built-in tool for analyzing the trading activity.
- CMC Markets charges high CFDs and spread bets.
Pepperstone is emerging to be one of the best MT4 brokers. It is a fully- featured trading platform that allows placing bids on forex, shares, indices, commodities and cryptocurrency.
The platform is regulated by FCA and provides protection to all UK-based clients. It has an excellent customer support service. Moreover, it is one of the few trading platforms that won’t charge you an inactivity fee on your account. Traders can get access to multiple charts and indicators by Metatrader4 download through Pepperstone.
- Provides access to a broad selection of financial instruments.
- Pepperstone offers clients the choice between MetaTrader 4/5 and cTrader.
- Offers low FX spread
- U.K. traders receive protection up to £85,000 under FSCS.
- Has fast execution systems, multiple account types and offers competitive pricing.
- It doesn’t offer guaranteed stop-loss orders (GSLO).
- Has an inconsistency to offer negative balance protection for clients outside the U.K.
8. FP Markets
FP markets provides the best educational resources for new traders to start trading. The platform supports MetaTrading4 platform that comes with numerous charts, graphic tools and indicators that helps to take easy trade decisions.
FP markets is regulated by regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and provides more than 10000 financial instruments to trade from.
- Heavily regulated platform
- Offers 24×7 customer support to all traders
- Huge product offerings to choose from
- Has competitive spreads as compared to other platforms
- The platform can be intimidating for beginners
The platform is very popular and known to be a overall hit amongst all traders. Capital.com is mainly directed to CFDs and is considered a very good choice for copy trading. It has low margins a user- friendly platform and more than 130 Fx pairs to trade from.
- Available for both Mac and windows
- Has numerous charts and indicators
- Supports full integration with MT4
- User-friendly platform
- Charges high stock index CFD fees
10. Iron Fx
IronFX MetaTrader4 platform serves as a great fit for traders who are new to trading. It allows flexible accounts that suit many investment and trading styles. The platform supports the facility of a personal multi-account manager (PMAM) that allows trading of multiple Metatrader accounts.
- Great platform for beginners
- Provides multiple trade options
- Iron Fx Metatrader4 supports PMAM accounts.
- Has good customer service
- Lacks technical analysis
- Not suitable for high-end and advanced traders.
Why is MT4 so popular?
MT4 has been able to make secure and safe trading possible for all traders. While trading initially can be a little intimidating for beginners the platform comes with numerous features that make it easy to take trade decisions. Let us take a look at all the reasons that contribute to the popularity of the platform :
Easy to use
The platform has a very user-friendly interface. Whether you are using MT4 Mac or Windows it is easy to navigate and get used to the platform. Regardless of the experience, the trading platform allows traders to make successful trades and helps satisfy their trading needs.
The best part about the MT4 trading platform is its access to advanced features. It supports more than 30 indicators over 24 graphic technical analysis tools to study the volatility of the market. The platform facilitates immediate executions and eases trading in fast-paced markets.
The platform has a similar feature to Trading Robots known as Experts Advisors. These EAs provide the ability to automate trading with the help of advice from experienced trades. It is possible because of the MQL 4 language, integrated with the platform that allows to place and execute trades automatically, based on the EAs.
While choosing a broker, you need to check if the platform is compatible with your device. MT4 can be accessed on all devices. The MT4 download is available on PC, MAC, iOS, as well as Android.
Where can I download the MT4 trading platform?
Regardless of the operating system, MetaTrader 4 free download is available on all devices. It is a very simple process to get the platform on your device, take a look at how to get the platform :
- How to download MT4 Mac
MT4 was originally designed to be used only on a Windows platform. It uses a NET framework which is not supported by Mac, hence it can not be directly downloaded. But this does not mean that you can not get access to MT4 Mac.
To get the platform on your Mac, you can use VPN or third-party software. The third-party software is usually available on the MetaTrader4 website to download.
Note: before using the third-party software do thorough research. There might be hidden malware or bugs that might harm your device.
- Get MetaTrader4 for PC
Follow the given steps to download MetaTrader4 for PC (Windows)
STEP 1: Visit the MT4 trading platform download page and click on download for windows.
STEP 2: Once you have downloaded the installation file. Read the license agreement from MetaQuotes Software Corp and click next to proceed.
STEP 3: After this, the installation process begins automatically.
STEP 4: Once you see the icon of MT4, open it and login into your trading account.
- MT4 download for Android
Follow the given steps to start the MetaTrader4 download on your android device
STEP 1: Go to the Google Play Store.
STEP 2: Search for MetaTrader 4.
STEP 3: From the list of the apps given below select the MetaTrader 4 app.
STEP 4: Click on the install button and your app will be installed on the device
STEP 5: Open the MT4 app on your device and sign in with your broker account.
- Download MT4 for iOS
To get the platform on an iOS device your device should run iOS 4.0 or higher versions. You can download Metatrader4 on your iPad, iPhone as well as iPod.
The steps below will help you download the trading platform on an iOS device.
STEP 1: Go to the App store
STEP 2: Search for the MetaTrader 4 App
STEP 3: From the list of apps select the trading platform
STEP 4: Click on the ‘GET’ button to install it.
STEP 5: Open the MT4 App and sign in with your trading account.
How can I start Meta Trader4 free download?
The MT4 trading platform is completely free software to download. You can download the platform on your preferred device without having to pay any charges. Moreover, advanced chartings and indicators are also available for free. Traders do not have to pay any subscription fee or premium fee to avail of the features and buy and sell the various financial instruments.
The MT4 trading platform is the most popular trading platform around in the forex trading industry. With all of the latest features and technical analysis tools the platform is a great choice for new traders as well. They help i in enhancing the trader’s trading ability and increases the chances of success in the forex market. Here we have complied the best MT4 brokers for you.