FxBrokerReviews.org – Even though Mac software is used everywhere, when it comes to trading Mac users may feel that they are left out. If you are someone who is loyal to Mac and wants to get your hands into trading then it might be difficult to navigate through the various platforms to find the best forex trading platform for Mac.
The reason behind this is that most trading platform software was earlier designed keeping in mind the operating system of windows. But, owing to the loyalty of the Mac users things have changed and many brokers have started providing forex trading on Mac.
Many brokers today have opened the option of trading platforms on Mac through web browsers like chrome, safari, firefox and more. Most of the Mac forex trading platforms have also given the users the option to download the desktop software if they don’t want to continue on the browser.
Here, our team at Forex Broker Reviews, through research and extensive market analysis, brings to you the best forex trading platform for beginners as well as experienced traders.
Is Mac a good option for Trading?
Your Mac laptop or even desktop offers the same capacity to run forex trading software as the Windows or Android applications. Even iOS devices, like your iPhone, have all the necessary requirements to run most of the forex trading mobile apps for Mac.
Mac and Ios devices have a fast processor, large storage space, and enough RAM to make sure that you are able to process your trades smoothly.
The reason why there are more trading platforms on windows is because of the large number of people who depend on it. Performance of the operating system rarely plays a role when it comes to forex trading platforms for Mac or Windows.
What are the things to keep in mind while choosing a forex trading platform for Mac?
If you have decided to start trading then it is very important to choose the right kind of trading platform for beginners. Most of the popular trading platforms are designed for windows, but the good news is that there are many brokers today that allow traders forex trading on Mac.
Before you choose the best mac forex trading platform make sure you consider the following points.
1. Speed of Execution
Whichever trading platform you choose for Mac, make sure that offers high execution speed. You need to make sure that the software that you choose for forex trading on Mac allows you to rapidly enter and exit the market. Even a delay of a few seconds can change your entire trade and can even cause you losses.
2. Has the ability to replay historical market data
The best forex trading platform for Mac as well as android is said to be the one that has the potential of Market Relay. Market Relay means the capability of your trading platform to revisit the data of the market. It helps to make better strategies and review your decisions.
3. Customer Support
The trading market operates 24 hours and is an active market, therefore a platform that provides efficient customer support proves to be the best trading platform for beginners as well as for all experienced traders.
4. Direct Chart Trading
Direct chart trading is very beneficial for day traders. The platforms that provide on-chart trading, allow the traders to place trades directly from the chart.
5. Commissions and Spreads
Before you choose your platform you should thoroughly know how the broker makes their money. Some brokers charge a fixed commission based on the trading lot while some charge a specified percentage of the spread.
Our team at Forex broker reviews have listed the reasons why Mac is a good option for trading
- It supports the option of opening multiple trading apps at a point without lagging.
- Most Mac devices are extremely lightweight making them easy to carry out the trade anywhere and anytime.
- The Mac Os is more stable than windows and has fewer chances of bugs and malware issues.
- All Mac devices have an ambient light and an HD display which makes it all the easier to view trades.
- Time is the essence in trading and Mac devices are known for having a faster processor than windows.
Which is the best futures trading platform for Mac?
If you are looking for the best Mac futures trading platform then it has to be TradingView. It is practically the best trading platform for beginners as well as experts.
The platform is extremely easy to use and has the most interactive software. The charts provided by the platform are easy to understand, manipulate and scale. The platform also provides a market relay function.
Take a look at the points below to understand why ‘trading view’ is the best futures trading platform for Mac
- User-friendly and easy to navigate
- Provides the function of multi-screen
- Most of the tools and features are available for free
- It provides access to multiple markets
- The platform provides a 30-day trial period for all beginners.
Best Mac Forex Trading Platforms
The trading process of Mac is similar to that of windows. The only difference that comes is the trading platform. You just need to make sure that the trading platform that you have chosen is compatible with Mac. Many of the best forex trading platforms are now available for Mac as well as IOs devices.
Ava Trade since its inception in 2006 has been executing over two million trades per month. The platform provides more than 1,250 financial instruments to trade. It is recommended for any trader who is looking for a forex trading platform for Mac.
Ava Trade is the best trading platform for beginners due to its vast educational tools that provide guides for all kinds of trades. The platform is regulated and licensed under the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, ISA, FSC and more. The forex trading platform on Mac accepts only non-US clients.
- It is available on the web, and mobile as well as a download.
- AvaTrade supports copy trading.
- The trading platform allows traders to open a demo account
- MT4 is available on iOS and requires only a minimum deposit of $100.
- Provides great educational tools
- The platform charges high inactivity fees
- The desktop platform is quite slow and has an outdated design
- It only offers Forex, CFD and Crypto
Also read: AvaTrade Broker Review 2022
XTB founded in 2002 has its headquarters located in Warsaw. It is one of the best forex trading platforms for Mac. XTB is the best trading platform for beginners as it has a free demo account as well as a Trading Academy with multiple courses for beginners as well as intermediate traders.
XTB provides forex trading on Mac by giving access to many investment options like forex, shares, cryptocurrencies, indices, metals, and commodities. The trading platform is regulated only in the U.K. and is registered with the FCA as well as the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF).
Additional features like the heat map and instrument scanner add a feather to the cap for the mac forex trading platform.
- It offers trade options that are commission free.
- Has excellent customer support service through phone, email as well as live chat.
- Offers clients the lowest forex spread cost in the industry.
- Traders have easy access to trading instruments and charting through their Android as well as iPhone apps.
- It is regulated under the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- The XTB trading platform doesn’t offer any type of CopyTrade program.
- Charges commissions for both cryptocurrency and stock (CFD) transactions.
- The platform does not allow US clients due to regulatory reason.
Also read: XTB Broker Review 2022
3. E-toro Open Book
E-toro Open Book is undoubtedly the best trading software for Mac free. With more than 40,000 users it has secured its place in the list of best Mac forex trading platforms.
It allows traders to invest in Forex, stocks, commodities, gold, CFD options, Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies, and binary options.
The trading platform allows users to operate through both Mac and Android. It also gives the convenience to operate either through desktop or mobile.
The forex trading platform on Mac allows users to create demo accounts and open trades in several markets at the same time.
It is well protected as it operates under the regulation of FCA, CySEC and ASIC regulations.
- It provides an impressive catalogue of cryptocurrency
- Promotes transparency as the user names, the trading amounts and the positions open by customers are available to view.
- The social investment network and the trading platform are integrated using the same interface.
- It helps to build a community of traders and learn.
- It does not charge any fees and commissions, the only costs are the spreads and the rollover fees.
They charge high spread fees and rollover fees
Has a restriction on only opening an account in US dollars.
The platform has a slow withdrawal process.
4. Interactive Brokers
Interactive Brokers working in 135 markets across 33 countries offer an extensive range of trade options including stocks, options, futures, and bonds.
It is a good option if you are considering futures trading platform for Mac. Interactive Brokers is a widespread trading platform that accepts clients from more than 220 countries all over the world.
It allows the users to trade on multiple platforms, including desktop, web, and mobile versions which are available for Mac as well as the Android device. The platform offers a powerful suite of tools and technology that are best suited for professional and active traders.
- Has low margin interest rates as compared to the industry average.
- The SmartRouting software provides clients with the best combination of prices in the industry.
- The trading software for Mac has an AI-powered digital assistant to assist you at all times.
- Does not charge any inactivity fees on accounts.
- Client securities accounts are protected by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC).
- Can be a little intimidating futures trading platform for Mac as well as Android users.
- IBKR has a complicated pricing system
- The lite clients of IBKR do not have access to the SmartRouting Software.
5. SAXO Bank
With over 40,000 securities SAXO Bank stands as the best forex trading platform for Mac. It provides a rich trading experience with a wide range of tools and premium features.
The trading platform was Founded in 1992 and operates three regulated banks. This makes it a highly safe and low-risk broker for trading forex and CFDs.
The web-based platform of Saxo Bank, SaxoTraderGO is by far the best mac forex trading platform. The intelligent design of the trading platform allows trades to view News, market analysis, trading signals and a lot more.
- The pricing offered by the platform for premium and platinum users is highly competitive.
- It does not charge any withdrawal fees.
- The mobile app as well as the web-based platform provides forex trading on Mac as well as Android.
- For all beginners, the trading platform provides the option of a demo account.
- Provides a very smooth user experience and is easy to navigate.
- The trading platform charge a high minimum deposit in some countries
- The platform takes a lot of time for account verification.
SAXO Bank charges a substantial amount of inactivity fees.
Which are the best forex trading software for Mac?
- E-toro open book
- Interactive Brokers
- SAXO Banks
Also read: How secure is the NAGA trading platform?
After going through this detailed review you must have understood that there is no reason to take a back step from trading if you are a Mac loyalist. Forex trading on Mac has become as common and popular as it is on windows.
Forex trading platforms today offer Mac versions of their desktop software as well as their web-based versions. If you still have any doubts you can always visit Forex Broker Reviews to find the best Mac forex trading platform.